Asus A7n8x Deluxe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Microbell:

You mentioned the NF7-S by Abit. That too was on my list of "boards i like". Guess i know what i'm doing afterall LoL.

Shrapnill:

So the driver for the SATA is lost somewhere on the cd or something? Damn. I don't suppose you'd send me a copy of that driver if and when i purchase the board? It sure would spare me from going through what you went through.

Thanks guys for your input on the board. It sounds like i still have a winner. Now if i can just figure out what to put in the other machines i'm building!

I have a friend who upgraded his PC to a Gigabyte 7NN8X and an AMD Athlon XP 2500; its onboard sound was far from glitchy, and it turned out really fast, also it has Dual BIOS so if you fry one, you've got a backup to roll back on. IMO this board is very good, and really easy to overclock on, but if you want to go with ASUS, that's fine.
for the price of SATA drives, get either a 120 or 160GB drive; the 120GB is only a few bux more than the 80 so is prolly best for price:space ratio
Also, either go with Seagate or Western Digital; I would go with Seagate for being the quietest ever 7200RPM Hard Drives and also very good quality.

for RAM I would go with Corsair Micro or Kingston - but preferrably Corsair because they usually come with their own cooling, and are prolly compatible with more boards.

if you're gonna get video card, Radeon 9600 Pro/XT is the one to get for price verses performance
the XT's overclock themselves for higher demand, and underclock themselves when overheating.

Thanks apokalipse for the input.

Curious here... how would one "fry" a bios?

I'm still looking at a few other boards for other machines. I might post about them at a later time. Gig's do look decent.

I don't know what the hell you guys are talking about but HEY! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom