Arnt computers hard to figure out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
the internet is always alive. what happens is this......
you have whats called an ip address(its just like your street address) when you send out data, your ip address is tagged with it(just like when you send mail). it goes to a server, then another server then another servers, and keeps going threw servers until it reaches the server with the info that you request. then that server sends the data back, to the ip address that was tagged with it.

it doesn't matter what time you go on the net,its going to be the same. remember this though, is machines are reading this data and stuff. not humans. so don't worry about peeping eyes.

But if they cant hear me, whats the point in having a sound card?
should i just throw that away? I mean im a lumber jack not a millionair, what does my graphics card symbolize?

think of it like morse code. I'm assuming you know a little about binary. the number '0' is off the number '1' is on. much like short beep and long beep. do you know what an analog wave and a digital wave looks like? analog looks curved, or humped. digital is square, reason being is there is only 2 modes. on/off yes/no 0/1, you get the idea. voice is analog. so the modem takes a digital signal from the computer, puts a 'header' on it and then includes the info. then it converts that to analog and zips it through the phone line (thats thats weird sound, like screeching). the header includes info like destination and origin. so thats HOW the server knows where you are at that time. because the info contains a location, or address. it receives the analog signal, converts it BACK into digital format and takes the data apart and reads it. finds out the following:

who are you and where are you so I can reply (litte more complex than that, but u get the picture)

then what do you want

then error checking stuff.

anyhow, it only knows you are there when you visit the site and thats because it needs to send data BACK to you, but the info on who and were you are is contained in the header info, and sometimes in what are called 'cookies', but dont worry about that.

your sound and graphics cards are used to produce audio and video respectively. you must have a graphics card to see what you are doing on the computer. the sound card, you only need it to hear sounds out of your computer.

You guys ever stop and think that perhaps this could all be a big joke to him? My 80 year old grandmother who still talks about 'NEGROS' knows where internet comes from and that the phone company doesn't 'listen in on me' Come on people, there are serious questions and then theres this shit, just like the guy 'oh well I tried to straighten one pin out with a pair of vice grips then next thing I knew I bent them all out of my amd 64 processor' Killian your own signature says it all:

If you argue with an idiot he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom