Argh

Status
Not open for further replies.

ADZ

Fully Optimized
K, @ work, boss bought a few of them Compaq Presario S4000NX

~ 2.4 ghz intel celeron
~ 128 mb DDR SDRAM (wtf kind of bottleneck is this?)
~ 40 gig HD

anywho...the computers run like ARSE. so we looked into upgrading the RAM, DUH.

nothing will register. We have tried numerous types and speeds. We have been to various stores (even the place it was purchased from: radioshack **rolls eyes**)

Anyone had this problem?:cool:

:p I know compaq sucks arse so i dont need to be told that :p

Get the clue dude! Never buy branded machines, unless its inevitable (e.g. Laptop). They come with all kinds of shit, that will give u a hard time upgrading. You must buy certified parts from them.

Call the Compaq support over there in India and ask them what brand of memory they're using.

And don't expect too much out of them, they are Celeron's after all.

Hahahahah,,

crikey! I am still wiping the tears from my eyes!! Thanks for the great laugh!

the Compaq's are shite,, my boss orders the deskpro's in all the time,, mind you they are better than earlier,, but the standard machine is a bloody nightmare to upgrade and rebuild,, problem is ,, when you crack the case,, you never know what you are going to find,, !

128 megs!! hahahahah,, F@*k Me!

hahahha,, oh on the India thing, look into that ,, cuz you wouldnt believe the high tec industry over there,, and we think they are not technologically sound,, guess again!

or were you joking?? hahahahahahaa,,

I am going to go and cry in my morning tea!!

cheers for the laugh

The India thing is true. I know they are well schooled over there, I just don't want to call another country and get somebody that I can't bloody understand!

im glad i managed to crack u up! and i didnt need 5 post telling me how shit compaq r, believe me, i have 1st hand experience. its a 1 stick. its about a month old. yeah, im about ready to call india and find out...

i thought it was dell that outsourced their tech support to india...

thanks for taking tha time to post. :d

hmm, that is weird. maybe try taking some of the ram from the other compaqs, im guessing they ae all the same, and try puting a extra stick in.

try puting in the new stick in the same slot as theone that was in the computer, if it works, add the other working peace into another slot, if it does not pick it up, then maybe some of the ram slots are faulty or busted, But if it does work, well try to get more of this ram form compaq or something. But try the ram u bought in the other compaqs as well, because it may be one faulty one.

hope it helps, may be confusing, lol, its kinda late here.

thanks for tha help. but the sockets aint faulty. Compaq requires a specific brand or something. no 1 here has had an issue like this then eh?

oh welll...lets just dedicate the rest of this thread to flaming compaq...

yup, damnm compaq!! *shakes fist*

i dislike pre-fab systems anyway, ther is hardly any room to upgrade and what not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom