area 51 requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.
yep it should be fine..

What does it mean ported? Like they simply make the PS2/XBOX game playable on a PC? Using the graphics that are built for a PS2/XBOX? That would suck :) Are all games that are both on a console and a PC built this way?

hmm..i dont think all games are becuz halo for pc comes out way later doesnt it???so i would assume not all games do that

Win2kpatcher said:
yep it should be fine..

What does it mean ported? Like they simply make the PS2/XBOX game playable on a PC? Using the graphics that are built for a PS2/XBOX? That would suck :) Are all games that are both on a console and a PC built this way?

No, there have been many games that have been ported to PC such as Chronicles of Rid**** and Knights of the Old Republic that have been awesome on PC, with revamped graphics and everything. Area 51 is a direct port though, using the exact graphics you see in the Playstation 2 version, which sucks tremendously. Area 51 is the worst $30 i've spent in a long time.

beedubaya said:
No, there have been many games that have been ported to PC such as Chronicles of Rid**** and Knights of the Old Republic that have been awesome on PC, with revamped graphics and everything. Area 51 is a direct port though, using the exact graphics you see in the Playstation 2 version, which sucks tremendously. Area 51 is the worst $30 i've spent in a long time.

wow! :( ok this was going to be my next game to purchase..but maybe not...I am still curious..since you hate it that much can you send it to me for free and Ill cover shipping?lol.. I've been playing that game PARIAH online a lot and it is really fun! So when you say direct port it basically would be like running a ROM on an emulator so to speak? You retain the exact graphics of that nintendo game, but you can play it on the PC? Or is that analogy wrong?

Win2kpatcher said:
wow! :( ok this was going to be my next game to purchase..but maybe not...I am still curious..since you hate it that much can you send it to me for free and Ill cover shipping?lol.. I've been playing that game PARIAH online a lot and it is really fun! So when you say direct port it basically would be like running a ROM on an emulator so to speak? You retain the exact graphics of that nintendo game, but you can play it on the PC? Or is that analogy wrong?

Thats exactly how it is...its like playing an emulator, except the controls are a little better. But the graphics are every bit as hidious as they are on the now ancient Playstation 2.

Wasn't very impressed with pariah honestly....only played for about an hour and haven't really touched it since :p

beedubaya said:
If you think the graphics on Area 51 are good, you obviously haven't seen some of today's PC games such as Doom 3 and Half Life 2.

you have i point there, although i do have doom3 but i cannot run it higher than 600x800 at medium setting, so i have no idea what it could potentially look like. as for hl2, ive never seen it played.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom