Approve this build!

Status
Not open for further replies.

koldapu

Fully Optimized
I think I may finally finish this build I've been planning for the LONGEST time . . .

prices are with tax and shipping

ThermalTake Tsunami Black w/ Window : BOUGHT $150 shipped, selling 400W PSU to buddy for $30

Antec Neopower 480W - BOUGHT $104 shipped

Athlon 64 3000+ Winchester : BOUGHT $162 SHIPPED

MSI K8N Neo4 nForce4 Ultra - $176

PDP 1x1GB RAM - $170

Maxtor MaxLine II 250GB - BOUGHT $130 SHIPPED

NEC 3520A - BOUGHT $68 SHIPPED

Dell 2005FPw 20" Widescreen LCD - BOUGHT $475 SHIPPED

Windows XP PROFESSIONAL : BOUGHT $76 SHIPPED (i thought it was HOME, lol!!)

you're probably thinking . . . where's the video card? i'm going to use a pci video card until the prices go down for ATI x800XLs . . .

please give feedback! TIA!

Personally, I would go with the AMD Athlon 64 3000+ instead of the 3200+ and save the $80. They perform very similarly, and that way you could get a head start saving for the video card. Otherwise, I think the system looks sweet. By the way, check out newegg, they have that same RAM stick for $155.

yeah, i am getting the ram stick from newegg, but with tax and shipping, it comes to about $170

i think i'll go with the 3000+

if need be, i can always OC the sucker! :-D

apokalipse said:
Ultra X-connect 500W PSU $81
those are better PSU's for less. you can take out the cables you don't need also

I helped someone build a computer over the winter holiday and he used that PSU and had nothing but trouble with it . . . I know someone else who uses the Neopower who said that he's had no problems whatsoever

Plus, I'm biased towards Antec

heatsinks are too small; made WAY too much noise

he wasnt going for a completely silent build, but a fairly quiet one

i dont like to open up PSUs just because theyre such an integral part of the computer

so no, dont think i could replace the fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom