Apple releases revolutionary new mouse - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2005, 05:24 AM   #11 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Send a message via AIM to FghtinIrshNvrDi Send a message via Yahoo to FghtinIrshNvrDi

ugh... mac. sheesh. They'll do whatever they can to NOT have a 2 button system with a scroll wheel. It's not like it's popular or anything...

Ryan

<b>I'm an unhyphenated American.</b>
System Specs:
Intel Q6600 @ 3200 1.4v
Abit IP35 Pro "The Snake"
2x2gb A-Data @ 800
Diamond HD 3870 512mb

Great FORD TRUCK resource: http://www.fordtruckfanatics.com
Old 08-03-2005, 05:28 AM   #12 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by Nubius
None of that crap you just mentioned has ever happened or been a problem with my $8 mouse......

this is a PS/2 mouse BTW, I've seen more problems with USB mice which is why I don't use them
Same here, nothing wrong with an inexpensive mouse. I use a cheapo Mercury mouse that I had as a freebie; very comfortable, very responsive

AMD X2 4400+ Toledo 1MB/Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe/2GB Kingston HyperX/SLI Gigabyte 7800 GTX 256MB/Creative SB Audigy 2 ZS Plat w/ Creative Inspire 6.1 speakers /180GB Hitachi PATA/19\" AG Neovo F-419 LCD/OCZ PowerStream 600W PSU/WinXP Home SP2
Old 08-03-2005, 09:47 AM   #13 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Quote:
None of that crap you just mentioned has ever happened or been a problem with my $8 mouse......

this is a PS/2 mouse BTW, I've seen more problems with USB mice which is why I don't use them
If you ever tried a Razer Diamondback or an MX518, you would never go back. I used to have a cheapo logitech mouse as well, and I thought it was perfect, and I could aim just fine etc..., well when I picked up my diamondback plasma, I plugged it an and started using it, and it didn't "feel" much different (other than it was a lot faster), but one day I decided to try my cheapo mouse again to see if there was a real difference, and I was like "OMG THIS THING SUCKS HOW COULD I HAVE EVER USED THIS POS BEFORE!?!". Trust me on this.
Old 08-03-2005, 10:44 AM   #14 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Quote:

I agree, my USB mouse acts up all the time. Cheap ps/2 for me, works fine, and I've never had anything wear off of it.

A+ Certified

Studying for Network+
Old 08-03-2005, 01:03 PM   #15 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Send a message via AIM to FghtinIrshNvrDi Send a message via Yahoo to FghtinIrshNvrDi

yeah, my 10 dollar GE optical mouse suits me awesome. it has quick response times, and the buttons I'm used to. Just 2 buttons and a scroll wheel. Perfect!

Ryan

<b>I'm an unhyphenated American.</b>
System Specs:
Intel Q6600 @ 3200 1.4v
Abit IP35 Pro "The Snake"
2x2gb A-Data @ 800
Diamond HD 3870 512mb

Great FORD TRUCK resource: http://www.fordtruckfanatics.com
Old 08-03-2005, 02:54 PM   #16 (permalink)
Super Techie

Send a message via AIM to Eagleboy

What is so damn revolutionary about it

It looks like a piece of crap.

Nothing will come between me and my IBM mouse.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...7940&CatId=539
Old 08-03-2005, 03:04 PM   #17 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Send a message via AIM to HAVOC Send a message via Yahoo to HAVOC

I'll have to agree with (003) The razer Diamondback is one bad a55 mouse. I was using a logitech cordless and the difference is like DOOM & DOOM 3.

I'll also have to agree with (Eagleboy) - It looks like a piece of crap.

Revolutionary would be a pair of glasses that you wear that tracts the movement of your eyes and positions your cursor accordingly. (lol- Blink your left eye for a left click and blink your right eye for a right click)

hahaha- could you imagine watching someone play a FPS with that setup? LMFAO
Old 08-03-2005, 03:22 PM   #18 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Send a message via AIM to Static_11 Send a message via Yahoo to Static_11

ummm my mouse sucks... lol 10 bucks at Wal-Mart... the ball keeps getting stuck and its all glitchy and stuff.. but then again beating it when i get mad it it dont help...
Old 08-03-2005, 03:31 PM   #19 (permalink)
Super Techie

Heyyo,

Lol, whoa! a mouse that can change from 1 mouse button to 2? wow. But seriously by innovation I thought they were gonna just make it a 2 button mouse cause it's mac we're dealing with.

the scrollwheel? I just tilt my mx1000 scrollwhell as I spin it up and my window scrolls up and to the side. So innovative? maybe cause it's a rollerball instead of a wheel you tilt, but not entirely new.

I don't get this mouse squeezing thing.. for lights? It said it poped up a program or something... wow, my mx1000, I can program it to open a program with the custom app stuff too! gg macs, it's all been done. All they did was try it inna different way than the rest.. so not revolutionary, interesting change though, that's it.
Old 08-03-2005, 03:49 PM   #20 (permalink)
Super Techie

that mouse really sucks lol

Closed Thread