apokolipse! Click here plz!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ag3

Fully Optimized
apokolipse,

I am going to ask you this because I have been getting mixed answers from everyone, and from what I can see your facts are usually right on.

I have a 1600 Mhz FSB (on CPU and MOBO). In the BIOS, it is clocked at 200 Mhz (200x4 = 800). I asked a technician why it was not at 400 Mhz (400x4 = 1600), when I have a 1600 Mhz FSB... And he told me...:

"800 Mhz is for the CPU, and 800 Mhz is for the RAM"

I asked him why in my BIOS, it was clocked at 200 Mhz... And he couldn't give me an answer. No one can! :(

I trust your knowledge. Can u help me out here plz?

Thx man.

well you got my attention there..... lol

ok to start off:
1. I don't think it really is at 1600MHZ
2. some people said that installing a 64-bit OS will bump it up, although when you think about it, the BIOS doesn't know what kind of OS you have until you are booting from it.

according to this and this site your motherboard supports a maximum FSB of 300MHZ
but 300*4=1200MHZ

the only socket 754 board I've seen that apparently supports the whole 1600MHZ is the Gigabyte K8N Pro, when most boards are only 800MHZ; although if your mobo really does have a maximum of 1200MHZ, you might be able to 'overclock' it in the BIOS settings, otherwise my only answer would be: your motherboard doesn't actually support it

Mine also only goes to 300MHZ, but AMD didnt make all of this crap up...Agex I fell you pain! :s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom