Anything Like This?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PICKYPETUNIA

Baseband Member
Is there anything like this?:

something rather small that serves as a gps, yet can access the internet for questions needing to be looked up. if there is such a device, i would doubt that these 2 functions would be able to work at the same time. simply looking for:

1. small - e.g. the size of a phone
2. gps to mount on car dashboard
3. a visible screen
4. also able to be used to access the internet.

OR

Are there very affordable versions of these two in separate devices?

Thanks! And I look forward to hearing from you!

why not get an iPhone or any Android or something? I believe it does GPS as well as web. You need a cell provider though.

Exactly what MoM said.
A cell phone can do all of those things, I know that my brothers blackberry can do GPS and internet, not sure about other manufacturers.

Thank you. However, I already own an android phone, and am trying to pay less by switching to a regular phone, and doing a 1x buy of a gps, hoping there was something for the internet, too. Again, as cheaply as possible, though. Do you all know of any other ideas? And thank you!!! :)

Ehh, you want internet on a device that has GPS, well, heres the thing, that internet will cost you, as you will have to go through a wireless carrier for it. You will be better off with the android, on a data plan, because your next best solution would probably be a netbook, with a GPS accessory, and that's just really bulky.

I wouldn't put no Ipad on the dash, but the netbook with a GPS attachment, and a WWAN (internet/cell network) is what I was sorta doing for awhile, have the netbook in the passenger seat, hooked to all the accessories, I rather liked it, put it didn't need to be highly portable either.

So, stick with a phone, like yours, with a data plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom