anyone seen this error message before and know how to stop it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thresh

Desktop Engineer
Blue screen pops up in the middle of playing games and tells me this

"PAGE_FAULT_IN_A_NONPAGED_AREA

bla bla bla bla

STOP: 0x00000050 (0x9fc7d740, 0x00000008, 0x9fc7d740, 0x00000000)"

looked it up and found nothing?? I get it usually about 5 minutes into the game. thing is, it doesnt error out in age of empires 2, just in 3d games like splinter cell pandora tomorrow, everquest 2, morrowind, americas army, etc... When i boot up i get an error report to send off to microsoft every time too. usaully having to do with the svhost.exe. and the technical data points to a file in my temp folder also. any ideas?

yea that happened with my other computer when i was trying to play splinter cell pandora tomorrow and i figured out that its cause i had a 32 mb graphic card and it required at least 64mb

yeah well i have a 256mb video card so thats not the prob lol.... maybe the drivers??? i did a memory test with microscope and found no probs also

Check your Windows temp folder.Sounds like a virtual memory error.You are exceeding you page file size.Try a disk cleanup and veiw task manager to see were you page at.

AHH! BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!

yeah i hate that screen, dam thing..

got updated dirvers for your vid card? =\

SP1 is pre installed if hes on xp pro as far as i know, but anyways i get that error everytime i try to scan my computer with nortan :p anyways try to take your overclock down some to see if that helps any....

best suggestion is to remove both overclocks of your video card and cpu, you need to verify if this occurs under normal operation or just when overclocking

didn't work.... still havent turned off my overclocking but thing is ive never had problems before oc'd. here is the error im getting from splinter cell

General protection fault!

History: FD3DRenderInterface::DrawPrimitive <- FCanvasUtil::Flush <- UCanvas::DrawTile <- UCanvas::DrawTileStretched <- UCanvas::execDrawTileStretched <- UObject::processEvent <- (EchelonMainHUD 2_1_2_LAB.EchelonMainHUD2, Function EchelonHUD.EchelonMainHUD.s_Slavery.PostRender) <- FCameraSceneNode::postRender <- UGameEngine::Draw <- UWindowsViewport::Repaint <- UWindowsClient::Tick <- ClientTick <- UGameEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom