anyone know a way to save a laptop keyboard that had soda spilt on it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMD inside all

Baseband Member
hey guys, my blonde sister spilt diet soda on her laptop (dell inspiron 5100) and i know its only 30$ fora new keybaord but what the hell if i can save it then 30$ saved.

my question is are their any ways of makeing the keys work again because i think the soda might have fryed the keys or maybe just got them stuck down i have no idea but any sugestions are much oprechiated, thanks.

there's probably no way to save it. unless the key's are stuck down you'd have to go trough the painstaking process of removing every key one by one and cleaning it there. There's also a chance that you might break one of the things that hold the keys so you wouldnt be able to place it back. If its fried then you have no chance in hell of saving it. so better get a new one, you'd be only wasting time trying.

oh i guess ill just buy one off of ebay because now none of the keys workso i think i fryed it. thanks anyways.

yea but my sister doesnt give a shit about the laptop and ... i do because im a nerd and for some reason i seem to love it plus she might trade me for mine (insprion 2500 celeron 900) shes letting me use it for the rest of the summer and at the end she will decide ill just make up some buillshit that she cant install microsoft office because of when she spilt diet soda on it and that it cant connect to the internet, bam its mine, if all goes to plan so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom