any1 know a program you can overclock your AMD CPU in windows by small increments?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i swtiched my old 2600+ to 200mhz straight from 166 and it works fine at 2.3 ghz!
Assuming the 2600+ is stock 2GHz then your current speed should be 2.4GHz if you simply switched it which I find somewhat hard to believe unless you also made sure to Lock the AGP/PCI bus and raised the voltage because I doubt it'd be 100% stable meaning like 12+ hours of prime95 on it's stock voltage with a 400MHz increase...

but I have to jump from 166 to 200 and it will stil damage the cpu even if I take down the muliplier cuz the FSB would be running way too hard.
No it wouldn't, there's no such thing as the 'FSB running too hard' unless you were overclocking RAM and got your FSB past 200 on a 400FSB based board...then you're messing with the whole system FSB... the only problem you more than likely have is you can't lock the AGP/PCI bus which those would be going way too fast for normal operation and you could possibly fry your AGP card, PCI components and even a hard drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom