Any suggestions for external usb 2.0 dvd? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Closed Thread
Old 01-22-2003, 06:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Send a message via AIM to TheShrike
Default Any suggestions for external usb 2.0 dvd?

Hey guys... I went looking for tech forums to post this question, figuring I wouldn't get any kind of a reliable answer on any webpages. Ok, so I bought this drive online, it's a 32x10x40 CDR drive and a 16x DVD combo drive (manuf by LG) and encased in a external drive enclosure kit, with IDE to USB 2.0 and also IEEE1394 Firewire. (It was $137, not to bad eh?) so anyway I installed the CD drivers first and everything works perfectly.... It burned a CD going through USB2.0 in 2 minutes.
Now heres the problem, I suspect it might just be my copy of PowerDVD 4... it's a craced copy .... sometimes, well like half the time it just looks like crap, like all kinds of choppy during intense scenes, but like in the whole nine yards it was perfect. ... and then the sound will totally cut out after maybe 5 or 6 minutes.... I have to stop it and start it again to get the sound back. It's soooo wierd. I've only tried it on this computer which is my work computer, which is a 2.2 Ghz P4 machine, 40 gb hd, you know 256 mb ram, USb2.0 (unfortunatly no firewire)....

So I've tried updating the drivers... any suggestions? Anything might help... Anyone else have maybe a similar problem or anything?

Thanks in advance!

Old 06-20-2005, 08:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
Newb Techie

maybe the usb cable or slot is bad, check both connections. then check the dvd rom it self
Closed Thread