Any noticeable difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PizzatheHut06

Daemon Poster
If I was to upgrade from 512 MB to 1 GB of RAM, would there be any noticeable difference, in overall speed or gameplay or anything? Basically, is it worth the $114 right now?

PizzatheHut06 said:
If I was to upgrade from 512 MB to 1 GB of RAM, would there be any noticeable difference, in overall speed or gameplay
It depends on the burden of the systme, if your games are putting a stenuis amount of stress on the systme than yes you might see an increase in performance, but not speed. Speed is not relative to ram, but the computer in general. However, if you do upgrade to the gb of ram you would see a difference in performance which includes laggyness, artifacts(also this deals with vid card), etc
Basically, is it worth the $114 right now?
Depends on what kind of gamer you are, for me it wouldn't be wourth it. However, if you want to run your games flawlessly yes, but the performance increase doesn't warrent spending 100 on it.

XT, thank you very much for the reply. That completely answered my question. As you can see from my video card and mid-range system, I'm definitely not a hardcore gamer by any stretch. I play Call of Duty occasionally on medium settings, and that is fine for me. I agree that it is definitely not worth the $100 price tag. I'll just wait a while until the RAM is absolutely necessary. Thanks again for the help.

512MB is enough for any game play, in over all application execution, VGA card's memory + chip as well play vital role. as If i've to give personel example, Once i made 2 identical systems with same motherboard, same amount of RAM, only differenec was one was with AMD AthlonXP 2800+ + ATI Radeon 9800 (4 someone) and mine was AMD Athlon3000+ on nVidia 5200 128MB. both on 1GB ram, and still his systems was faster in showing content of internet, application execution, despite his processor was 200Mhz slower than mine. I coudnt understand the mystery hidden behind that thing until one day I change my graphic card to ATI, my system was faster than his.

512MB is more than enough (dont look @ my specs, as my system is not for gaming purposes) just change your Graphic card, and you'll find a noticible difference.

What do you think is the best video card for the money right now in terms of price and performance? 9600 XT, 9800 Pro, 6800? I was thinking about buying a new one, but I can't see spending more than 200 dollars on a video card, so do you guys have any suggestions?

The 9800 PRO is within that price range and outperforms the 9600 XT. However, if you are only a casual gamer, the 9600 XT might just do the trick for you.

u might wont to wait for the 6600 nvidia series to come out. thy will prolly be in the 200 buck range.

u might wont to wait for the 6600 nvidia series to come out. thy will prolly be in the 200 buck range.

Yeah I heard it's supposed to be $199 128mb of DDR3 memory! Should outperform the 6800 128mb I'd think. I believe they have the same amount of pipelines or does the 6800 have 12 cause I know the 6600 has 8. An article I read said buying the X600 would be a complete waste of money as the 6600 dominated it in every possible way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom