Any ideas on how long until...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qwert

In Runtime
...1. a 512MB graphics card come out by eigher ATI or nVidia?

...2. Raptor HD's can hold more?

...3. AMD FX-57 comes out?

...4. a motherboard with a capacity of 8GB RAM for whatever that 512MB graphics card is with FX-57 that can support DDR2 RAM?

m3trj said:
It's probably not worth waiting for, but I've got no idea how long.

What I basically want to know, will they come out by the end of this year? If yes I'll wait and get them, if not I'll get a new computer now (or soon)

I assume we will see 512MB video cards hit the market widespread in May, at the time of the ATi r520 release. nVidia will most certainly follow suit.

What is your definition of big? This may not be a WD Raptor, but it can certainly keep up in speed easily and by today's standard is in no way small.

Not sure about the FX-57, but I can safely say it'll be out in no more than a year from now, the FX-55 has been out for quite a while now...

As for your final question, I'm quite certain that one the price of DDR2 drops, which I have heard will happen in the next few months sometime, AMD will migrate over to it. Any socket 939 board now should be able to support the FX-57, and 8GB of memory is simply ridiculous, but I have heard that dual cores will be able to handle a llot more RAM.

DDR2? Is there a big leap in performance from DDR2 to GDDR3? (I've seen GDDR3 in various gfx cards) or is it a totally different concept/design and can't be compared? And BTW gaara, $1,500 is a lot for a HDD. You could buy a whole new mid-level Dell with a couple more bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom