any good heatsink recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

jseber1982

Enterprise SCCM\SCOM
Ok i got a thermaltake 11+, seeing how all of you know because i got blasted for thinkin i can suck air through a heatsink and have it cool better than blowin through.. Anyways lol... enough of that.

Can anybody recommend a good heatsink plz? i dont care if its a heat pipe or what, cant afford water coolin atm.

Right now my cpu at max load is at 107* at the socket and about 116 max load. But hmm bios shows it as being 140* at idle.. Are there 2 different thermistors? i got an a7n8x with an xp3000.

thanks

Thermalright SP 97 or SLK900A if you have the money, those are both supposed to be really good.

He's absolutely right. I got the SLK-900A...man you will be surprised by how heavy that thing is...I lapped my heatsink yesterday so I haven't gotten to put it on yet...but anytime I've heard someone ask for heatsink recommendations....SLK-900A is always brought up and I've read nothing but good things. It doesn't do so much at idle temps....maybe 2-3 degree drop...but it absorbs heat FAST so your load temps won't go up as high ya see?

Are there 2 different thermistors

....thermistors? lol that's a new one.....Usually you have your case temperatures and your CPU temps....thats what looks like what is goin on with you...but your BIOS is gonna tend to be more accurate...use this webpage to convert to C

http://www.wbuf.noaa.gov/tempfc.htm

....most people (when I say most I mean me :p ) have gotten used to seeing Celcius when it comes to CPU temps.....atleast I have anyway so the fahrenheit just throws me off. But generally when people talk about temps it's in C. damn metrics! Anyway....140Fahrenheit is 60C....and if it says thats what your CPU is at in the BIOS at idle...then you DEFINITELY have a cooling issue cause that's damn high for your CPU to be running at idle muchless in the BIOS.

I got 3 temps i can monitor with monitoring software. ambient, cpu socket, and cpu diod, diod is always like 30 degrees hotter... cant figure it out, my heatsink dont feel that warm, and yet it says its 140 degrees. and trust me the heatsink is on properly ehe

Another reason why i think that somethin on here is faulty, is that.. at night time, i can underclock this thing down to driggin 800mhz and drop the voltage down, turn the fans up... and idle temp is still the same... all the other boards, when i do this, it goes from like 130 down to friggin 95

Yea I think he was talking about Farenheit which would be this in Celsius- 42C (rounded up) for idle and 47C (rounded up) at max load.

I would stick with the TR2-M6.

It has a thick copper plate on the bottom followed with alluminum fins. This works very well because copper absorbs heat the best while alluminum releases it the best. This combination makes a very efficient heatsink.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom