Is it any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

res18zzb

Solid State Member
I just bought a new nVidia 64MB GeForce MX4000 video card. I want to know if you guys think this is a good one? My computer has never had a video card. And should I just return it and buy the 128MB version.

That looks like a low profile card. Unfortunatley it is quite old and only Supports Directx 7/8. This means you will not be able to play many of the new games. What are the other specs of your computer? because if you want to play games the Nvidia Geforce serise isnt for you.

try the FX or Radeon series i would say the FX5200 or 9200 Up.

1.) That's a very, very outdated card..sorry
2.) memory (i.e. 64mb,128mb, 256mb) really doesn't matter on cards before the 6600 series (imo) cards for nvidia, since they're too weak to handle games that needs up to 256mb

yea, diabloII banged the nail on the head... the clock speed on a gfx card matter way more than memory. id just return it and buy something better, if it is gaming that your interested in. if not, and you just want to watch dvd's, or view pictures, it will be fine.

Well, what games do you play ? Do you want to have the card just to have it ? Because that card won't be able to play much..and don't get the FX5200, I have it...and I hate it..

yea u will need a much better card and since u baught that card i think that u didnt build ur own pc it might be a dell or an hp and u were using onboard video just a guess thought.
no that card is no good for gaming unless ur gonna play warcraft starcraft and stuff like that but no recent games ie hl2 cs:s doom3 u get the idea
and u should buy computer stuff online much much cheaper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom