anti static wrist

Status
Not open for further replies.

rookie1010

Fully Optimized
Hey
anybody used a lindy anti static wrist before
i was going to buy an anti static wrist from belkin but it is no longer available on amazon's site

instead they are selling lindy. anybody know anything about them

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos...58488/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_0_1/026-2494963-9202036

also i came across a 55 piece toolkit on amazon.

what are your views on this toolkit
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos...uc_gp_ss_1/026-2494963-9202036?_encoding=UTF8

i am using my leatherman for anything to do with my computer

meh who needs anti static.. just plug ur PSU into the wall and touch that every now and then.. that or dont bother.. theres not enuf static on ur fingers to kill stuff unless your retarded and rub carpet all day long

You can buy an ESD strap, ElectroStatic Discharge strap, at most computer stores, but they usually keep them hidden. You can find them at CompUSA, BestBuy, and computer junk stores. They are usually between 8 to 10 bucks. I use one. Better safe then sorry. Because I look at it this way. Its like a condom, its better to have it and not need it, then to need it and not have one. I use it because alot of my work is done on the carpet, since there is not enough available safe, hard surface to work on.

i am known as the van de graf generator, when i walk, i generate so much static.

i am in the UK, and have to go through amazon.co.uk

amazon.co.uk is only doing lindy's, what do you think fo them

also what are your thoughts on the 55 piece kit

I have quite a few of them just never used them. too confining, just ground yourself.

They should be available in any local electronic store man. Cheaper too. Who cares about the actual brand.. :)

i am really worried about static right now cause i'm about ti ubstall my mobo. I am going to work on a wooden table with a tile floor, do i need a wristband or should i be all right?

FOr any one I would recomend to have one as a precaution. Its up to you if you want to use it. I just one, but not every one uses one. If you dont use one, just have one hand on the case with the psu installed and plugges in, that will keep you and your hardware safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom