antec sonata optional fan - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 05-11-2005, 06:25 AM   #1 (permalink)
Master Techie
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,069
Default antec sonata optional fan

Hello
I bought myself an antec sonata and a second optional fan. i ahave the following questions

some where on the net i came across the reference that if i needed to add the second fan, i would need to put the fan in, followed by the drives, in case i had the drives in , i would have to remove them and then i could stick the fan in followed by the drives.

i also read some place that the molex connectors for the hard drives can potentially be squashed, is that true?

also amongst the cables dangling from the bunch of cables from the psu is one labelled fan, it is a 2 wire connecor, i guess that goes into one of the molexes of the included fan, there is an additional molex connector connected to the molex cable of the fan , i guess that connects to the additional optional fan, correct?
__________________

rookie1010 is offline  
Old 05-11-2005, 10:16 AM   #2 (permalink)
Memberbot
 
Elbatrop1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 4,057
Default

Quote:
some where on the net i came across the reference that if i needed to add the second fan, i would need to put the fan in, followed by the drives, in case i had the drives in , i would have to remove them and then i could stick the fan in followed by the drives.
It would be pretty hard to sneak a fan in behind the drives.

Quote:
i also read some place that the molex connectors for the hard drives can potentially be squashed, is that true?
Molex connectors are pretty tough, you shouldnt worry too much about that.

Quote:
i guess that connects to the additional optional fan, correct?
It could.
__________________

__________________

Intel E6750...........PSN: ELBATROP
XFX nForce 650i Ultra
Patriot PC2-6400 8GB (4x2GB)
eVGA 9800GT
36GB WD Raptor
120GB SG
1TB SG
Logitech X-530
Samsung SyncMaster 931c
Samsung SyncMaster 750s
Windows 7 Home Premium 64
Elbatrop1 is offline  
Old 05-11-2005, 11:44 AM   #3 (permalink)
Master Techie
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,069
Default

some one posted a picture of the fan residing behind the drives, not in front of them

what i mean to say is that you have the case coverig followed by the drives and then the fan.
rookie1010 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.