Another ram question

Status
Not open for further replies.

stang2009

Baseband Member
Hey, I am looking to upgrade my ram to 1gb and have a few questons. Right now I have pc3000 kingston hyperx 512, and am wondering if I should get that since I play games. Or if I could get something else since I don't overclock my system. Thanks for the help. I am looking to buy pc3200 by the way.

For high performance RAM i suggest OCZ Platinum Rev/SamSung G Skill (TCCD)/Corsair XMS Xtra Low Latency. Those are all great!

Thanks for the replies, I am really trying to ask if i should get more hyperx ram or since I dont overclock I dont really need it.

You should get the same ram as before, as the better ram will be underclocked to the worse off ram's speed.

Also if you have a dual channel motherboard you can get dual channel ram.

I am replacing my current ram, so that wont make a difference, I am just wondering if I will tell a difference in hyperx ram compared to value ram during game play.

Trifid said:
You should get the same ram as before, as the better ram will be underclocked to the worse off ram's speed.

Also if you have a dual channel motherboard you can get dual channel ram.

Both rams will be ran at PC3200 speeds, their will be MINOR UNNOTICABLE differences.

Sell your current ram and pick up that doubble pack on newegg :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom