Another memory Question =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nubius

Golden Master
On the MSI K7N2-Delta L motherboard when it talks about the kind of memory it supports and up to how much etc.... it says this:

Note: nForce2 does NOT supports x4 memory device. 1GB can be made by other density of dram chip such as x 8, x16.

Here's a link if you need more product specs:

http://www.msicomputer.com/product/p_spec.asp?model=K7N2_Delta-L&class=mb

Its in red, can't miss it. Not really sure what they mean, could someone explain this? And does anyone know of an incompatiblity with nvidia nforce chipsets and nvidia geforce vid cards?

hahaha . . . it should work . . . i mean same corporation makes both of them . . .

like microsoft word works on microsoft windo . . . wait a minute, scratch that example :p

until now, any nVidia GeForce series will work greatly on nForce chipset based motherboard.

It has something to do with the memory. It says you cant use x4 chips, only x8 or x16. Whatever that means.

well yeah bobojuice I know it has something to do about memory hence the title of the thread, memory question, I need to know what about memory that it is referring to

and what do you mean until now weha? You saying the 6800 doesn't or something?

You're right, i read it wrong. Thought you were asking if it had something to do with being compatible with nvidia cards. I did a search but i couldnt come up with anything. So, you got me......

Edit: Found something that might help.

HERE

Thanks for the link bobo, quite a bit of RAM info on just the model numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom