Another Bad BIOS Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nubius

Golden Master
I have an ABit NF7-S v2 motherboard. I wanted to flash the BIOS to see if it would hopefully settle my instability problems a little with my overclocking. I used ABits flashmenu and didn't use the once click live update, I sought out the correct BIOS and then used update from file. It said it flashed successfully and upon restart....nothin.....I've cleared the cmos, and still nothin, I haven't tried leaving the battery out for a long period of time, but I know BIOS flashes are sensitive so my main concern is if I've now completely fux'd this board.

I downloaded my BIOS from here:

http://www.abit-usa.com/downloads/

and downloaded the top one. Says for NF7-S 28 and in the readme file says it's for NF7, NF7-S, and NF7-M. Any advice would be great, thanks

EDIT: I found out that the revision I downloaded was for revision 1 of the NF7-S boards, and not for NF7-S v2 like I have.....I'm now fully assuming the board is useless. Can anyone say otherwise?

EDIT 2: Upon examining the ABit forums, apparently there's been quite a few people to flash with the wrong revision. ABit is pissing me off. The file was under their latest downloads and said for NF7-S , they only give you warnings if you look at the revision 2 stuff and say 'MAKE SURE YOU DONT NEED 1.0' WHY THE HELL don't they have the warning on revision 1 saying 'this is for revision 1, dont use this if you have 2. So yeah basically I just ordered a new fuxing BIOS chip from excaliburpc should be here thursday........bah fuxing computers

well, I took the BIOS chip out of my NF7-S2G board and put it in the NF7-S v2 board....luckily enough for me it indeed did post and so I was able to then remove the BIOS chip and put in the bunk chip otherwise known as hot flashing. Aright, so now I have my fux'd up BIOS in the computer and it's past POST and I got my bootable floppy all ready with the latest bios found here:

http://www.abit-usa.com/downloads/bios/bios_revision.php?categories=1&model=124

Mines at the top, version 26 for NF7-S revision 2 boards.....aright so I have the awdflash.exe utility on there, the floppy is bootable and it indeed boots. I run the flash program and it gets to flashing the BIOS with the nf726_D.bin file and then I get a message that says 'File is not an award bios!' So now I have no freaking clue what to do.

First ABit doesn't warn you on the revision 1 BIOS that it is indeed revisions 1, it only says WARNING THIS IS REVISION 2 NOT 1 on the second revision...and now that I was able to hotflash the thing, get the correct BIOS, it now says that it's not a damn award bios. Anyone have any clue on this as I'm very pissed off at this moment. I do however have a spare chip on it's way but still, this should have gone smoothly. Any help would be much appreciated.

cool, this time u wrote an essay in ur post.

And stupid comments like that are NOT wanted. I always write long posts and this time it's a personal question so I don't need that stupid BS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom