Annoying wireless mouse & keyboard problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Humbucker

In Runtime
OK so a few weeks back I purchased a Belkin wireless mouse and keyboard. I researched them and was confident I'd got the best bang for the buck. For the first week they worked faultlessly, with my receiver on the floor just next to the base unit. I then had a technical guy come to fix some other problems with the PC(replace PSU, CPU fan and troubleshoot some other issues) and after he had done a few things he say's "This mouse is sluggish". I dunno if it's coincidence but since he came and worked on the PC both the mouse and keyboard haven't always worked properly. I'm starting to think it might be a BIOS issue cos he did change a few things in it for other reasons.

Since then I've done a fresh install of XP and replaced my graphics card and I now have to have the receiver right next to the mouse for it to work properly, and even then it sometimes acts up. Bizarrely, it sometimes stops responding completely if I change graphical resolution to a really high setting, and when I play FIFA 2005 the keyboard and mouse barely respond at all. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers and having brand new batteries in both etc but to no avail. I also can't find any newer drivers. It seems strange it used to work fine with the receiver on the floor and now I have to have it right next to the mouse and keyboard.

I know the consensus will probably be to buy a wired mouse and keyboard but I don't have any spare cash at the moment(spent a lot on this PC recently) so that is out. Is this a problem in device manager or the bios maybe? Something is wrong because it used to work faultlessly. All help and suggestions will be much appreciated.

:)

If it's a wireless mouse, it's probolly wireless interference. Or the mouse and keyboard are on their way out.

yeah i bought a compaq set and after 3 weeks, the mouse stopped connecting to the base. Didnt work at all... So it was after the 14 day replacement period so i could do nothing about it.

DJ-CHRIS said:
If it's a wireless mouse, it's probolly wireless interference. Or the mouse and keyboard are on their way out.

I dunno what could be interfering with them. And I bought the mouse and keyboard brand new just a month or so ago, so I doubt it would be that.

I know I should probably just get a wired mouse/keyboard as they're much more reliable but I can't right now so I just wanna be able to do what I want to with these without any problems.

Something must cause this problem, cos for a while they worked perfectly - anyone have any ideas?

sounds like they're busted. I offer no advice but to let your frustration out on the mouse and keyboard. Are you a pyro? Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Invest in a wired optical mouse.

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom