An annoying problem, and a strange problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Lihp

Baseband Member
Hey guys, hope this is the right place to post this.

I've been having two odd problems whilst playing games on my computer recently.

The first is that, only on some games, it tells me that i need to "Insert the correct CD, click ok and restart the application". Now before you ask, the Correct CD is inserted, everything IS legitimate (no warez here.) and also, it used to work fine. I can't trace the point back to where this origionally happened, but currently my finger is pointing to a windows update at some point.

I've scanned my computer for Adaware / Spyware / Viruses and none of the ones I removed have solved the issue. Any ideas?
Running Windows XP SP2.

The other issue i'm having is a funny crackling sound on some games sometimes. Its like you open it, and theres a constant crackling on the speakers and it gets worse as it tires to play stuff. Its not the speakers, I know i've tried others. Whats wiered is that if I restart the computer and launch the game, sometimes it works fine, nothing wrong with the sound.
I've tried installing the latest drivers etc, with no luck or change. You guys think this is a hardware issue or a software one?

Hope someone knows whats up, heh!

Thanks for your time :)

I'd have to agree, it sounds like a hardware related issue.
I had a similar problem with playing games; sometimes it'd work, but frequently it would act weird.

I'm returning the video card now to newegg.com for an exchange.

Check your IRQ resources,
check your PSU efficiency,

make sure there is nothing overheating.

that's all I can really suggest.

Thanks man :)

I managed to solve the CD problem after a lot of research all over the internet. I tired hundreds of things, but eventually, the one that worked was changing the "Transfer Mode" on the IDE channel for the ATA controllers to "PIO Mode", in Device Manager. So annoying how simple little things can cause such big problems! :p

Also, the sound problem I had seems to have fixed itself. Incredibly wiered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom