Annoying error message. need help to fix

Status
Not open for further replies.

bumpkins

Solid State Member
i get an error message everytime i play counter-strike source. it reads:
The instruction at "0x24187f95" referenced memory at "0x00bc9530". The memory could not be "read".

Can someone help me as to whats going on?
should you need info on my system its a
CPU: AMD Athalon 64 3100+
MB: MSI K8N Neo
Vid Card: ATI Radeon 9550 256mb
Ram: DDR PC3200 512mb

PLEASE HELP!

Download memtest86+ and run it to make sure your RAM isn't causing you the problems.

Well there's only one thing you could do. Get new RAM. If it's busted it's busted, no way to fix it

Yeah, probably not the kind of info you wanted to hear. But I doubt you're overclocking right?

And if you're not, and your RAM gives you errors, then it's just a faulty stick.

If it's not giving you errors, then it could be drivers in windows causing the problem although that specific error is referring to RAM

another question, how come it only happens when i play counter-strike source? it never happens when i play counter-strike 1.6

Hmm....the best answer I could give is simply CS wouldn't be as demanding as source perhaps.

If the RAM's not faulty, it could be you need to try a new set of drivers for your graphics card, beyond that it could be the same reason KoToR: II on my computer, will show certain part of the graphics flashing like the card can't render it, yet it doesn't do it on any other game =/

Still trying to figure that out. So yeah if it's not the RAM then it's one of the weird crap that happens with computers and you can only simply try new drivers, perhaps rolling back to SP1 if you're using SP2 although I wouldn't jump to that immediately

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom