annoying beeping sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

dennis72

Solid State Member
yesterday, when I was browsing on the net, my computer starts beeping. I don't really care about it at first, but as it get more and more frequent that I must get rid of it! but I don't know why is there a beeing sound, it is given off from the case, it is a short beep, it beeps whenever it wants to, I have no idea how to or how not to make it beep. one thing is that, when I am in the game, and if it beeps, everything will just stop for a second and then resume, wht's wrong with my com. ?

press control+alt+delete and see if there are any processes that shouldn't be there, it could be a virus or something that's doing that
if you do find something, end task and delete it

well, nothing special in the task manager, I've scan it by both spybot and Norton, and there is no result in virus, btw, it starts beeping once the computer is started, not only in Windows.

there is a way to disable beeping, go to the device manager, go to non-plug and play adapters, right click beep and disable
this does not disable beeping altogether, just when in Windows, soi you still get beep codes if there's something wrong when POSTing

dennis72,

Try to disable the system beep. You can find the option in device manager under plugnplay devices [I forgot the exact path] .You can look around there..

Or you can edit the registry
Start Regedit->HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Sound
there you will find 'beep' ....just edit it and make it to 'NO'

sign
Codes:)

thank you very much!
well, this can stop the beep, but the problem is still not fixed!
it just keep freezing things that i am doing and then resume a second later, would it be sth to do with my HD?

well, this can stop the beep,

dennis72,
Did you turn off the beeps ,restarted your computer and checked your gaming? Btw your comp freezes only while you play games ?

Sign

no, my comp freezes when it beeps, from the moment I switch my comp on!! those beep are short beeps.
no.. I don't know how to stop the beep... I can't find the path.. haha how stupid am I. thank you for your generous help~

no.. I don't know how to stop the beep... I can't find the path..
Did you check the device manager? Isnt there any option in the plugnplay devices? Cant find the path in registry?What windows version are you using?

Sign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom