AMI Bios problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

seCuredData

Baseband Member
Beep codes are indicating a 64k memory failure. According to what is stated in the AMI Megatrend POST guide. Can someone elaborate on 64k memory failure?

So, the system beeps three times and tells you it has a 64k memory failure? If this is the case try reseating the module and if it still gives the error codes replace the module it is bad.

I tried another stick of RAM, I do not know if that is bad or not also. It gives me the same error when there is no RAM on the board. Is it possible its the motherboard? I don't think the board is worth getting another stick of RAM over. If I were to abandon this board could I be able to use the CPU without it damaging another mobo? I think the mobo got shorted, this case is very odd. When I attach a screw in a certain area the motherboard won't power at all or for half a second and shuts down. When I remove the screw it powers up like normal but with beep error. And if I put a screw in another spot it will power up with out giving me beep error, but there is still no video. I also tried screw sheilds to keep it from shorting the motherboard from the case, but it doesn't work. I am only able to screw one area, and another area very lightly to get it to power and give me POST.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom