Amd=to What In Pentium

Status
Not open for further replies.
does the video card matter on how good the quality of the TV watching will be

can u record shows with just the capture card? if u have cable can u just hook it up to ur cpu and watch it and record on it if u have the capture card?

uhm.. well no offense and all, but the fx 64 i think.. isn't a bit better, but a lot better than the p4, and just to be better than you deadguy, i'm talking about the p4 a,c,e... because i know everything.. now, after that bit of sarcasim, i must say that everyone needs to read what they are talking about before they say it! i'm tired of people coming on and arguing about this crap... if you know little or nothing about cpu's just read what people type, please don't put in your two cents, because trust me, none of us want it! If you have something to add, or an opinion that you DO want questioned, then.. go on!

Thanks! w00t

I like both CPU's, I like P4's for reliability, but I like Athlon's for price verses performance; the Athlon processors, although have a lower core frequency, can process more tasks per clock cycle than P4's so they perform about the same.
the Athlon 64's run at 2 to 2.2GHZ and i know for a fact that the FX's and 3400+'s outperform the P4 extreme. the FX is not worth it's money, neither is the P4 extreme, but the 3400+ at about $600 (aus) is my current pick.
I still really like P4's but i just prefer the Athlon 64's

there is no smoking benchmark.. *coughs* like i said, benchmarks aren't everything, but as for the time being...
http://www.neoseeker.com/resourcelink.html?rid=61331
those benchmarks are for the gaming world.. will show you the "grave" difference between the two chips, right... anyways... so for the most part, as the differences between intel's and amd's have been for the past.. 4 years or so... amd can usually pull ahead in the gaming area, and intel can always multi-task better, and i actually don't know shit about cpu's but i will always start a discussion against you biased people =p... 1 for the gaming people!

now can we stop spamming this thread and getting more posts on ours accounts, ty

it is true that the Athlon's overheat quicker, but it is also true that they overheat at about 85 degrees compared to the Pentium 4's at about 60-65 degrees; and even at higher temperatures, it doesn't start to decrease the athlon's performance very much until it reaches about 70 degrees - I have a friend with an Athlon XP 2500 and it ran fine at 65 degrees - he had stock cooling then, now he has a Coolermaster Jet7 but he didn't notice performance increase, or at least not enough to notice it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom