AMD what!!??? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
ya know....i think amd's losin' out on a even larger market share...all because of their technology too.....like, don't get me wrong...i'm a amd fanboy myself, but the average person going to buy a computer will see a 1.8-2.2ghz 3XXX+, only look at the ghz, see that it's as high at it goes, and go buy an intel because they have a 3.8 or something.

it's just like megadeth.....better than metallica but just not reconized....*shakes head
Not really. They have a lot of server based companies buying their chips. Microsoft just invested like $60 billion in them so I don't think AMD is hurtin too bad.

Besides they could be money grubbin marketing whores like Intel and produce chips that don't even do crap per clock cycle like AMD who just squeezes every ounce of performance out.

They need to put on the box AMD 3000+ (DISCLAIMER: This chip will destroy a 3GHz Intel )

DJ-CHRIS said:
AMD Sempron™
Their budget CPU

Value CPU.
My AMD rep gets a little pissy at me when I use the word budget or cheap in the same sentence as one of their products.

the 3000+ in socket 939 runs at 1.8GHZ but the Athlon XP 3000+ is 2GHZ, and they both perform roughly the same as a Pentium 4 3GHZ

the difference between the 3200+ and 3400+ in socket 754 is 512MB cache verses 1MB

socket A has a 266/333/400MHZ FSB

Socket 754 has a 800/1600MHZ HTT - HTT is almost the same as a FSB, but Athlon 64's technically don't have one because their memory controller is on the CPU, but they didn't make it to run dual channel memory

Socket 939 has a 1/2GHZ HTT, its memory controller is faster and supports dual channel

^^^ Oh I see... I feel pretty good about my purchase! and I wasnt too far off when I though 3000 ment 3ghrz....

Hahah they marketed it that way. .cause probally..

the 3000 corrilate to Intels CPUs..

SO people fall into the thinking I JUST did.. hahaha

My AMD rep gets a little pissy at me when I use the word budget or cheap in the same sentence as one of their products.
Meh, it's the truth though. Can't crunch numbers worth a damn. It's the lowest end CPU and for people on a 'budget' :p

Nubius said:
Not really. They have a lot of server based companies buying their chips. Microsoft just invested like $60 billion in them so I don't think AMD is hurtin too bad.

Besides they could be money grubbin marketing whores like Intel and produce chips that don't even do crap per clock cycle like AMD who just squeezes every ounce of performance out.

They need to put on the box AMD 3000+ (DISCLAIMER: This chip will destroy a 3GHz Intel )

LOL but that is true. Anways The AMD runs hotter as well as an intel but an intel is for the photoediting and the crap when AMD is for gaming. I use AMD it's cheaper and better. For an intel one better that's not a celeron is hard to comeby especially when u got an awsome Chip but go with soket 939 You're going to want it trust me and everyone else because they are coming out with Dual Amd but I'm kinda shady about the whole Hyperthreading and Hyper Transport. I know Transport= speed and the "FSB" When Hyper Threading has to do with an amount of processes. but yeah you know AMD is the best whenMicrosoft put money in thier chips Why? because it's More speed for a cheap buck. But did you hear about the new Playstation 3 Processor it's toshiba and sony with a 4.0 Ghz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom