AMD voted best CPU at Intel show lol - Page 12 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2005, 03:24 PM   #111 (permalink)
Master Techie

Intel doesnt have anything to worry about. with their marketing, there is no way that AMD is ever gonna become bigger than Intel. while we might agree that AMD is the clear winner, for the mainstream user, they only see Intel ads. never heard of AMD.

-AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Winchestor
-MSI K8N Neo4-F
-Sapphire Radeon X850 XT
-2x 1024 Corsair XMS Pro

<form action=\"http://www.srsyo.org/tfsearch.php\" method=\"get\">
<input type=\"text\" name=\"search\"><input type=\"submit\" name=\"submit\" value="Search!"></form> Search TF before you post!
Old 04-14-2005, 03:26 PM   #112 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Intel just might get their *** off the chair and starting coming up with cool stuff man. lol .

They have money, they have smart ppl, they just need good leadership. Once they start rolling, we'll have a real fist fight on our hands - Much better than in the 2nd Quake IV screenshot that was released. lol

Old 04-14-2005, 03:42 PM   #113 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by dhw200
Intel doesnt have anything to worry about. with their marketing, there is no way that AMD is ever gonna become bigger than Intel.
I agree.
Old 04-14-2005, 05:10 PM   #114 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Quote:
Intel doesnt have anything to worry about. with their marketing, there is no way that AMD is ever gonna become bigger than Intel. while we might agree that AMD is the clear winner, for the mainstream user, they only see Intel ads. never heard of AMD
Yup which honestly is fine by me. Competition will hopefully just mean AMD won't slack and will keep producing bomb CPUs.

I've said it a million times but I'm gonna say it again.....I like AMD because you NEVER see an advertisement from them, yet they make great CPU's that are basically directly made from user reports.

At Xtremesys there's people with phase change that'll get them down to -100C, but some of these chips have 'cold bugs' where they won't work at those temps.......what does AMD do?....they fix it, even though it's maybe 1% of the total buyers who can even have the opportunity to get the CPU's that cold.....that's mighty impressive that a company will dedicate time fixing a problem to a really small majority of it's buyers.....but they are world record holders lol
Old 04-14-2005, 05:46 PM   #115 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Intel NEVER fix's there customer's problems as far as im concerned.
Old 04-14-2005, 05:50 PM   #116 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Send a message via AIM to DJ-CHRIS

Quote:
Originally posted by Nubius
Yup which honestly is fine by me. Competition will hopefully just mean AMD won't slack and will keep producing bomb CPUs.

I've said it a million times but I'm gonna say it again.....I like AMD because you NEVER see an advertisement from them, yet they make great CPU's that are basically directly made from user reports.

At Xtremesys there's people with phase change that'll get them down to -100C, but some of these chips have 'cold bugs' where they won't work at those temps.......what does AMD do?....they fix it, even though it's maybe 1% of the total buyers who can even have the opportunity to get the CPU's that cold.....that's mighty impressive that a company will dedicate time fixing a problem to a really small majority of it's buyers.....but they are world record holders lol
Or liquid nitrogen, I gotta try liquid nitrogen vapor cooling, get the ENTIRE pc down to -200 and just not one part, it's a new thing they are using to keep blood \ dead people frozen.
Old 04-14-2005, 05:50 PM   #117 (permalink)
Master Techie

Ive never tried to go through their tech support before. ive owned 3 intels. a pentium 1 133mhz, a celeron 433mhz, and a pentium 4 2.4ghz. i didnt have any problems with them, they worked fine. however, i much prefer my AMD.

-AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Winchestor
-MSI K8N Neo4-F
-Sapphire Radeon X850 XT
-2x 1024 Corsair XMS Pro

<form action=\"http://www.srsyo.org/tfsearch.php\" method=\"get\">
<input type=\"text\" name=\"search\"><input type=\"submit\" name=\"submit\" value="Search!"></form> Search TF before you post!
Old 04-14-2005, 05:53 PM   #118 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Once blood is frozen to that extreme it becomes useless because the cells in it turn into ice crystals and shatter the cell wall, which in turn makes it useless.
Old 04-14-2005, 06:35 PM   #119 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Uhhh charles....... this isn't a doctor's forum. lol.

Quote:
Ricer: from the latin word Ricarius meaning to suck at everything you attempt.
Old 04-14-2005, 06:46 PM   #120 (permalink)
Lord Techie

:-p He stated something about blood that they dont do.....

Closed Thread