amd turion 64 x2

Status
Not open for further replies.

endeavor

Baseband Member
I just heard that amd has officially released their Turion 64 x2 dual core for notebooks! I assume that this is to compete with intel's core duo? Anyways, what are your opinions of Turion 64 X2? Is it worth buying so that one can have a 64bit processor and Dual Core on a laptop?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the turion 64 x2 is so far the only 64bit and dual core processor for laptops, right? (However, I heard that Intel's Core Duo 2 will be 64bit also... so which will be better, turion x2 or core duo 2?)

nitestick said:
i haven't actually seen any comparisons yet but i am inclined to side with the turion. i would love to see some benchmarks if you find any in your research :)
Bah, Merom will crush it!!!! And you know this, maaaaaaaaan...... :p

idiotec, in the nicest possible way.....WHERE IN HECK DID THAT COME FROM!?!? this has nothing to do with future processors. the turion x2 was just released. we are talking about compared to the current core duo.

edit: sorry i see that he mentioned core duo 2 rather than core duo. i think its time for my coffee. yeah merom will be better but it is also currently unreleased.

Yeah I was kind of messing around ;)

Anyways, it looks like Turion and core duo (yonah) are pretty close, but with core duo still having a slight edge. Core 2 Duo (Merom) adds approximately 20% performance over core duo, so yeah, it will own.

It will be released within a couple months, so not that bad of a comparison.

Intel has always had a dominant grip in the mobile market IMO, although I know nothing of the turionx2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom