AMD Socket A

Status
Not open for further replies.

D4RK GR4YL3N

In Runtime
how long will AMD continue to make socket A mobos/processors? will sockets 754 and 940 replace the already somewhat old socket A? if so how soon

They eventually will replace them, but I wouldn't worry for a while... can't give you an exact time frame as it all depends on the demand for the product (as well as price).

how about socket 754 (or whatever theh athlon 64 socket is). i heard that they were replacing it with socket 939 late this year. if i get a 64 bit computer now will i be out of luck then?

amd 64 bit are already at 940pin. and yes they are moving with 939 pin its suppost to make it go wonders in quickness. You can get a 754pin amd right now but a 940pin configuartion will be around a good couple years short life span but for now it will do great

yea i heard they are due to come out late march. so im holding off to see what new motherboard options i have to choose from before i build my comp

who cares what it supports , there is no point in waiting for the new stuff to come out. that is just over-planning. it reminds me of people who buy survival gear like gas masks and stockpile truckloads of canned food in case of a disaster. you will be waiting forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom