AMD Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Nick

In Runtime
Im looking into AMD Processors not having a clue what to get:confused: on thier site they advertise the AMD Athlon FX as a great gaming processor. As i am building a Gaming PC i wanted to know if the Athlon FX is really all its cracked up to be? Also if you have any suggestions on a processor you have had a good experience with i'd love to hear from you seeing as this is my first build and im a little lost in the woods at the moment:eek:
Thanks

The FX series is considered the fastest line of processors in the world, to put it into perspective for you I believe an Intel had to be bumped up to 5.3GHz to surpass the FX-55.

However, their performance really doesn't justify the outrageous price, the 3000+ is an absolute beast for the price and can easily climb it's way up to 3800+ speeds and higher with subpar cooling.

Well all i am utterly speachless after seeing the ridiculous pricetag for this beast.:shocked: :shocked: :shocked: I am pretty darn sure i will not shell out 800 smackrs for just the processor of my new Comp. Just churious to know how much and by when about do you think the price will drop.:p If its not much then what would be annother sutable procesor for a gaming PC (Intel or AMD)

P.S. One of my main goals for this comp is to have it be able to play the Awsome Battlefield 2! So i've heard it requires at least a 2.2ghz processor i think:)

The FX line of processors really isn't worth the added price tag. Even when the FX-57 comes out, the price probably won't drop enough to justify the cost. You would be better off paying a lot less and getting an Athlon 64.

Dr Nick said:
P.S. One of my main goals for this comp is to have it be able to play the Awsome Battlefield 2! So i've heard it requires at least a 2.2ghz processor i think:)

It requires 2 ghz, yes, but thats only for Intel. The FX 55 is only clocked at 2.8ghz, but it pwnz the intel 3.8ghz to put things in perspective. my 3200+ is clocked at 2 ghz,but it also pwnz almost every intel CPU on the market. i would recommend the 3700 San Diego

Does anybody have any REASONABLY:p priced alternatives that would be "Good" for awhile and for new games (such as BF2)?

Read what I wrote above, get a Revision E 3000+ and overclock that sucka, even on stock you should be able to get it to 2.2GHz easily and beyond that shouldn't be much trouble. 3000+ is what, 150 bucks now?

I have just read an article about the 3700+ and it was saying it was probably the last in the line of socket 754 processors.:amazed: Would it be a mistake to get somthing other than socket 939 if i ever wanted to upgrade in the future (is it even possible to upgrade a processor?)
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom