AMD Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
003 said:
Well if he asked for intel, for a gaming rig, he odviously dosn't know what he is doing. If you are heavy on office apps and all that, then intel is fine, but if you are into gaming, you need AMD hands down.

Thanks for the vote of confidence there, chief. I was only trying to say I want an upper-end processor like a Pentium 3.0 or so.. I gather that the general concensus is go with AMD for gaming.. and I am fine with that. I'm just trying to say I want a FAST AMD. :)

I will stick with my Laptop for Office apps, etc...

To let you know, AMD's naming method, like 3200+. 3500+, 3700+, tells you what it is equal to in the intel world. The 3700+ is equal to a 3.7GHz intel, while it only operates at 2.2GHz. The 3700+ San Diego is a VERY good CPU, trust me, I have one :)

Yeah, so really look into the new amd's being released like the 4800+ 64 Athlon and the dual core amd and intel processors; i hear they are awesome if you can get your hands on them.

by the way, why dont you just get a new laptop for all your needs. I have an emachines 64 Athlon 3000+ ; one of the 1st ones to have the 64 processors and its actually faster than my friends alienware. look into the newer laptops, they r great for gaming.

laptops for gaming are usually heavy, will give u 3rd degree burns, and need to constantly stay plugged in. kinda takes away the mobile part of it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom