AMD promises quad cores by 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah... im no amd fanboy... if intel releases a product that clearly outpreforms amd, then I will go intel for my next CPU upgrade, but that wont be for a while. same thing with ati and nvidia

Indeed, the only thing that they really need to work out is the insulation problem on the transitors on the Prescott with their future smaller process size cores...the operating temperature was what really killed the Prescott and set Intel back and gave AMD a significant edge...afterall the Prescott was slated to be the Pentium 5 and reach speeds as high as 5GHz

Like I say though, you shouldn't favour something before it's even out...I honestly don't care but if you automatically assume something is going to be a good product and rush out and buy it without assessing the competetion you may end up with a rather poor product and great disatisfaction

if you automatically assume something is going to be a good product and rush out and buy it without assessing the competetion you may end up with a rather poor product and great disatisfaction

Hence Intel's current woes...

Just because a product has a certain name or logo doesn't mean it will be as good as the reputation of that name or logo.

Me, I'm waiting until the software catches up a little bit...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom