amd processors speed = to intel speeds

Status
Not open for further replies.
you can say that, but i think that the entire FX family, especially the 55 would disagree violently :)

AMD's was actually named after the clocks of Intels, as intel's clocks are faster, being slower clocks, AMD name convention tells that say AMD 3000+ will run as equal as Intel 3.0. but in some cases its seen that AMD's matching equalivents are faster than intel's

AMD CPU's have never been that great with number calculations, zipping and unzipping files into archives, or other multimedia apps, but they have been doing quite well in the gaming industry, which is what I think they were really built for.
the 3200+ may perform better than a P4 3.2GHZ in some areas, and it may be beaten in others.
all averaged up, it performs about the same

rootbeeris,

amd 3200+ 939 = to a intel process

amd 3000+ 939 = to a intel process

If you dont know what i am asking pplease ask

You can't benchmark two different family of processors and find out which one is better. You can do so within the same family of processors.

whoa.. that link.. it was a post i posted about 4 months ago. Awesome, i never knew it was still alive. Glad people still use it :p

it's a coinkidink that someone posted the link to it 4 month later. It must be a sign that i should keep that link

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom