AMD Processors - how do I really know what I have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobtheYounger

Beta member
Hi all,

I purchased late last year what I believed to be an AMD 2600+ processor, and earlier in the year an AMD 2100+. I've just received another processor, but it's spec was not showing up correctly, so I had a look at AMD's site and found the CPU Information util (on this page: http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/TechnicalResources/0,,30_182_871_2364,00.html ) ... running it on the first 2600+ and the 2100+ processor machines I find they're both running at ~1260MHz and the processor information is simply "AMD Athlon AuthenticAMD". The newer chip which was supposed to be a 2600+ but is actually a 2000+ runs at 1665MHz and has "AMD Athlon XP 2000+ Authentic" tag ... this leaves me with the question "What the heck are my first two processors??".

Any ideas?

I have 300 watt power supplies in the machines that are running at ~1260MHz and have let the motherboards on "auto configure" jumper settings.

you could also try and download aida32 and run that. It will tell you most of the time what all you have in your computer as far as mobo, cpu, ram etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom