AMD Processor vs Intel Processor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do what I did and build both. You won't be sorry you did. I use one for gaming and the other for a mega office computer.

yeah, doom 3 uses at most 512 MB RAM when grtaphics are set to full. If you have the 256 nVidia 6800 and the 1 gig ram, you should be set, w/o lag! I have a 5700 LE 256MB nVidia and only 512 RAM, and Doom 3 runs w small lag on high quality graphics. (and my graphic card sucks, lol)

Well as everyone else has probably said it sort of depends on price. I am rather new to the building arena myself (only 2 full builds under the belt, one with each type of processor). I personally like my second computer with the P4 in it better than the AMD simply because i didn't buy the AMD 64 which i am wishing i would have. I like both AMD and the P4 so whatever is in your budget go for it.

That PC the guy quoted looks great to me i have a similar build that i just completed.

it'd be great being able to have two comps, one with amd, one with intel. actually, i'd like 4 comps: intel/nvidia (what i have now), intel/ati, amd/nvidia, amd/ati. no more flame wars over which is better!!

that would cost a bit, id rather just have a Athlon 64 3500+, 1gb ram, 6800gt super good system, then my current Athlon XP, 512mb Ram, 9800pro (need to upgrade) , that i can leave to download overnight, and play lan games on.

I'm gonna get a really good system, with an Athlon 64 3200/3500, 6800 GT, DDR500 RAM and an Abit AV8 3rd eye or DFI Lanparty (depending if I decide to get PCI-E) and then keep my current PC as a work PC. I won't need to get another monitor, because you can plug 2 computers into mine, and switch between the 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom