AMD Processor vs Intel Processor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say AMD are ahead in the PC enthusiast sector mainly because of what you said about pricing/performance but also because AMD are renowned to better for gaming which is what alot of the the enthusiast build their systems for.

On the other hand I beleive Intel still have a slight margin over AMD in the pre-built market due to the fact that people who buy pre-built PC's aren't always PC literate, are not given an option and don't know anything but Intel due to their relentless advetising.

The thing tha bugs me about Intel is the fact that on every advert they have that annoying Intel sound clip and "Intel Inside" clip playing. Makes me what to smash the TV.

Yes they can, adambomb. It just seems that Pentium handles graphic imaging and photographic images better

adambomb said:
I have a question about AMD processors. Can they run all the same programs that a pentium can?

yah...unless it is specifically designed for Intel CPU identification or something.

I have a program called CPU Identifier, and it ONLY works on AMD CPU's.

But by "program" you probably mean all games, browsers, applications, stuff like that. The answer is yes...they both should be 100% compatible. If there IS a problem...it is usually with the software you are trying to run...and not the CPU be it AMD or Intel.

why is everyone always saying that intel is so much more expensive? i paid only $150 for my cpu...

jnev_89 said:
why is everyone always saying that intel is so much more expensive? i paid only $150 for my cpu...

In general they tend to be more expensive. This may not always be the case, but there is a strong trend to back it up.

what Intel CPU did you get for $150? Cuz for like $90 (Mobile XP chip) you can get an AMD that performs just as well stock and overclocked. That's the difference.

i have a 2.8ghz prescott. the axp chip you're talking about maybe would have been as good at gaming (doubt it), but probably not even close in apps like photoshop or eac/lame, etc.

jnev_89 said:
i have a 2.8ghz prescott. the axp chip you're talking about maybe would have been as good at gaming (doubt it), but probably not even close in apps like photoshop or eac/lame, etc.

lol...you are in for a surprise then buddy. my little XP chip overclocked (to 2.6GHz) will beat a 3.4GHz P4...the 2.8GHz isn't hard to beat unless you start overclocking it...it overclocks pretty high.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom