AMD Price Move - 1st August

Status
Not open for further replies.
Computer store's around me have started the new price switch,The only price difference i have seen so far is the sempron's being cut by $20,All other's look like they have stayed the same price for now :(

Shumway said:
Computer store's around me have started the new price switch,The only price difference i have seen so far is the sempron's being cut by $20,All other's look like they have stayed the same price for now :(

[joke]I thought you just had pawn shops[/joke]

I havn't seen any price drops around here yet, why would they be dropping their prices yet...

My poor XP3300+... er.... XP2500+ is sad.

I need to wait until one of my friends upgrades so I can yoink their 754 mediocrity off of them.

I guess I'm going back the the 3400+ socket 754

I would really try and get a 939; it's worth the extra money. Even if you have to get a slower processor. This is all assuming you don't already have a 754 motherboard or anything.

I don't have an old 754 mobo... I'm just really, really, really tight with cash. I'll see if anything goes on sale (doubt it) and buy whatever is affordable. If anyone has some money to throw around, do no hesitate to mail it to this poor college kid. Do we think the affordable processors are going to stay stable pricewise? by that I mean the 3000+ and 3200+ and processors of the like.

Ryan

on newegg, if i have a 3700 64 athlon in my basket right now and keep it in there, but buy it all on the 2nd (after the supposed price raise) would they charge me what it says in the basket now, or what the price would be then.

im going to shit myself if i hurry to buy the 3700+ chip before the 1st only to find out they lowered the price. ill shit myself even more if i dont buy it and find out they raised it 150 dollars. :/

If something Comes out new and better they lower the price of the obsolete stuff. Comon you don't even have to know what a computer is to know basic ecnomy

I don't know... I seem to remember a while back then the new GFX cards were coming out, that the 9800's and 5900's didn't drop in price much, if not none at all.

Then again, we're talking about CPUs.

Well, the thing is, AMD is slowly getting more and more popular. Maybe they decided the demand is enough to raise prices a little to meet an income quota? Just a thought.

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom