AMD Phenom & Spider vs Intel QX9770 (What a joke AMD is) - Page 4 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 11-29-2007, 12:14 PM   #31 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description
 
Apokalipse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 14,559
Default Re: AMD Phenom & Spider vs Intel QX9770 (What a joke AMD is)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroon1 View Post
Q6600 performs 10% faster per clock, produce less heat and consume less power even less power than the slowest phenom
I know what the situation is, Maroon.
Phenom's are still fast. And I don't care whether you think so or not.

Basically, shut up. I know the facts. You don't need to keep telling me. But you're also not going to change my mind on whether or not I like AMD.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maroon1 View Post
I'm sure that if AMD processors were 10% faster than Intel, you would not use the word "slightly"
Yes I would.

I use the word 'slightly', when I say that crossfired HD 3870's are 10% better than SLI'd 8800 GT's on average.
Quote:
A fact: Yorkfield is going to have better performance per watt than the current Kentsfield, and even slightly better performance per clock.
yeah, slightly.
__________________

__________________
Apokalipse is offline  
Old 11-29-2007, 12:59 PM   #32 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,479
Default Re: AMD Phenom & Spider vs Intel QX9770 (What a joke AMD is)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apokalipse View Post
I know what the situation is, Maroon.
Phenom's are still fast. And I don't care whether you think so or not.
I don't care if you care or not


Quote:
Basically, shut up. I know the facts. You don't need to keep telling me.
I want the readers to know that. I don't care if you know that or not

And please be more respectful and don't say "shut up". If you don't have anything important to say then you can simply ignore my post. I'm not forcing you to reply to my post.

Quote:
But you're also not going to change my mind on whether or not I like AMD.
Do you think that I want you to change your mind ?


Quote:
I use the word 'slightly', when I say that crossfired HD 3870's are 10% better than SLI'd 8800 GT's on average.

A high end GPU is usually more than 2 times as fast a mid-ranged video card and about 6 times as fast as low end video card.

The difference between High end CPU and low End CPU is even less than difference between High end video card and Midranged video

So, it is relative. 10% might be "slightly faster" for video cards, but it doesn't mean that it is "slightly faster" for CPU's

And yea you use the word slightly with Bold and Italic when comparing phenom with Core 2, so the reader would think it is just around 1% not 10%

I was saying that it 10% better so the readers know how much exactly core 2 is better than Phenom. What is the problem with that ?

This is a public forum, so I make posts for all the readers, not just for you....So I don't care if you don't care...
__________________

maroon1 is offline  
Old 11-29-2007, 06:19 PM   #33 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description
 
Apokalipse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 14,559
Default Re: AMD Phenom & Spider vs Intel QX9770 (What a joke AMD is)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroon1 View Post
I don't care if you care or not
So in other words, you know that I don't like you slamming Core 2 at me but you still do it anyway, because you don't care.
Quote:
I want the readers to know that. I don't care if you know that or not
I don't believe you.
And it's besides the point. You're slamming Core 2 at me and it's ******* me off.
Quote:
And please be more respectful and don't say "shut up". If you don't have anything important to say then you can simply ignore my post. I'm not forcing you to reply to my post.
You still don't realise why I said that, do you?
Quote:
Do you think that I want you to change your mind ?
Probably.
The point is, you're slamming Core 2 at me and I don't like it.
Quote:
A high end GPU is usually more than 2 times as fast a mid-ranged video card and about 6 times as fast as low end video card.

The difference between High end CPU and low End CPU is even less than difference between High end video card and Midranged video

So, it is relative. 10% might be "slightly faster" for video cards, but it doesn't mean that it is "slightly faster" for CPU's
You do know that that's subjective, don't you?
Quote:
And yea you use the word slightly with Bold and Italic when comparing phenom with Core 2, so the reader would think it is just around 1% not 10%
Now you're being presumptuous.
Quote:
I was saying that it 10% better so the readers know how much exactly core 2 is better than Phenom. What is the problem with that ?
You were slamming Core 2 at me and I don't like it.
Quote:
This is a public forum, so I make posts for all the readers, not just for you....So I don't care if you don't care...
In other words, you don't care if you **** me off.

Seriously? I don't care if you like Core 2. Go ahead and recommend it to people. But stop slamming it in my face!
__________________
Apokalipse is offline  
Old 12-01-2007, 01:13 AM   #34 (permalink)
Content Team
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 184
Send a message via AIM to blackhawk13
Default Re: AMD Phenom & Spider vs Intel QX9770 (What a joke AMD is)

Oooo. I'm all giddy! This is almost like when the Athlon came out. .

Also, has anyone considered that you're comparing an AM2+ CPU on an AM2 board... I would think that a true AM2+ board would out-perform a normal AM2. No?
blackhawk13 is offline  
Old 12-01-2007, 01:43 AM   #35 (permalink)
Monster Techie
 
SirCyber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: In a yellow Submarine
Posts: 1,113
Send a message via Yahoo to SirCyber
Default Re: AMD Phenom & Spider vs Intel QX9770 (What a joke AMD is)

wow... I'd like to know how my post got lost in all that lol. actually, reading through this, I can see how it got lost. have fun you two.
__________________
EVGA X58 Classified, EVGA GTX 275 CO-OP Edition, Intel Core i7 230@2.68GHz, 1080W Enermax Evolution, 6GB G-Skill DDR3@8-8-8-19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mak213
Knowledge is power. Power is nothing if it is not shared.
SirCyber is offline  
Old 12-01-2007, 10:26 AM   #36 (permalink)
Lord Techie
 
gurusan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 6,562
Send a message via MSN to gurusan
Default Re: AMD Phenom & Spider vs Intel QX9770 (What a joke AMD is)

Well on another forum someone has managed a 2.9ghz clock on a waterchilled system with 1.56vcore and it's unstable.

Hardly impressive. Also only scores about 1400 points higher than my Dual Core in GeekBench....and this is all on a 790X mobo.


__________________
|| 2500K @ 5GHz 1 thread, 4.8 2 threads, 4.6 3, 4.5 4 1.284V ||
|| P8P67-M Pro || 8GB @ 2133MHz ||
|| 5850 @ 1000/1225 || XFX 650W || Silverstone FT03B ||
|| 37" LCD TV || CM Hyper 212+ || Samsung 2.1 Soundbar ||
gurusan is offline  
Old 12-01-2007, 11:23 AM   #37 (permalink)
disgruntled ex-moderator
 
Nagasama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: probably on the lake
Posts: 6,956
Default Re: AMD Phenom & Spider vs Intel QX9770 (What a joke AMD is)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyV04988 View Post
We "performists" are technology whores.

We're that guy who looks at other girls while on dates
lol..um...huh?
__________________
"nagasama no longer drinks tecate, or streaks out of the night for anything, and he has a fine wife so he has no use for your girlfriend...she is safe..."
Nagasama is offline  
Old 12-01-2007, 01:44 PM   #38 (permalink)
Monster Techie
 
BennyV04988's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,835
Default Re: AMD Phenom & Spider vs Intel QX9770 (What a joke AMD is)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagasama View Post
lol..um...huh?
It was a joke, not to be taken seriously. I was merely saying we go with that performs the best, and will gladly drop a piece of hardware if there is something better. We hold no emotional attachments to companies/hardware because this is war...
__________________
3DMARK VANTAGE: 11,500
GPU: MSI GTX 260 @ 650MHz/1175MHz
CPU: Intel E6750 @ 3.4GHz/1.33v/60c
HSF: Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro
MOBO: MSI P6N SLI-FI 650i
RAM: G.SKILL 3x1GB DDR2 800
SND: Creative Audigy 4
SPK:Logtech X-540s
MOS: Logitech MX600 Wireless Laser
LCD: HANNS-G 28" Widescreen
BennyV04988 is offline  
Old 12-01-2007, 01:59 PM   #39 (permalink)
disgruntled ex-moderator
 
Nagasama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: probably on the lake
Posts: 6,956
Default Re: AMD Phenom & Spider vs Intel QX9770 (What a joke AMD is)

i know it was a joke, man....
i just LOL @ the notion of equating a woman with a piece of computer hardware. although, my wife calls my rig my "girlfriend". heh. at least i dont have to take it out on fridays.
__________________
"nagasama no longer drinks tecate, or streaks out of the night for anything, and he has a fine wife so he has no use for your girlfriend...she is safe..."
Nagasama is offline  
Old 12-01-2007, 04:29 PM   #40 (permalink)
Monster Techie
 
BennyV04988's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,835
Default Re: AMD Phenom & Spider vs Intel QX9770 (What a joke AMD is)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagasama View Post
i know it was a joke, man....
i just LOL @ the notion of equating a woman with a piece of computer hardware. although, my wife calls my rig my "girlfriend". heh. at least i dont have to take it out on fridays.
haha. I just wanted to make sure no one thought I was serious.

Reminds me of that Dimitri Martin joke:
“I bought a cactus last month. A week later it died. I got depressed, because I thought, "****, I am less nurturing than a desert." ...Ladies, that's not true..."

My girlfriend says my pc is an evil woman who gets jealous and crashes when we have to talk on aim.
__________________

__________________
3DMARK VANTAGE: 11,500
GPU: MSI GTX 260 @ 650MHz/1175MHz
CPU: Intel E6750 @ 3.4GHz/1.33v/60c
HSF: Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro
MOBO: MSI P6N SLI-FI 650i
RAM: G.SKILL 3x1GB DDR2 800
SND: Creative Audigy 4
SPK:Logtech X-540s
MOS: Logitech MX600 Wireless Laser
LCD: HANNS-G 28" Widescreen
BennyV04988 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
AMD "Spider" and the delay of Phenom 9700 Wildside New Systems | Building and Buying 5 11-19-2007 05:22 AM
Phenom x4 vs Intel Core 2 and Quad gurusan New Systems | Building and Buying 25 11-03-2007 07:01 PM
Intel Beats AMD to Lead-Free Processors maroon1 New Systems | Building and Buying 3 10-24-2007 03:35 PM
AMD Triple Core? Osiris Monitors, Printers and Peripherals 4 09-19-2007 07:36 PM



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.