AMD or PENTIUM

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you get down to the facts, AMD and Intel are almost dead even, if you put them up against each other in the exact same systems with the exact same compnents, they would perform almost equal, I went with AMD just becaue it was cheaper, and I only have a AMD Athlon XP 1800+, and with my ATI 9600 Pro, I have had exceptional performance, I have not found anything that I cannot throw at my computer. My sister has a Pentium 4 1.8 Ghz processor, and her computer is almost the same as mine, with same videocard, and our computers are about dead even for almost all games and applications, so as for the processor, as long as you get AMD or Intel...Athlon XP or Pentium 4, you cannot go wrong.

AMD, Intel are both great products. my store bought computer is a p4 1.6, I am more than happy with it, I buy AMD processors now for the first reason when I built my first computer I bought a 1700+ cost me $75 and my reasoning was that If I screwed up and cooked the cpu I would'nt be out much as apposed to a intel chip worth a couple hundred. Well so far so good. Since I have built two more running at 2400 and 1800 . The average user I don't think would notice any difference in either product, hard core gamers and video edidting might notice the difference. Like I said both great products! AMD is easier on the pocket book.

pentiums are faster, but i found amd xp do'nt crash as much as pentiums. anyway the new 64 bit architecture amd is out now
only thing about amd thats bad is the settings for the xp range
e:g amd athlonxp 2000+only runs @1666 mh/z at least pentiums run at the speed it says on the box

well, the 2000+ stands for being as fast as a Pentium IV running at 2000MHz. Many judge a CPU simply by the clock speed, hence AMD's way of lableing.

I didn't think there were people still reading into the clock cycles....
Same thing with Nvidia and Ati. Nvidias run at much higher clocks, but Ati is still (IMO) much faster. But Nvidia takes the throne in OpenGL(Quake3-engine based and some others). But in Direct3D, Ati is king of the hill, at the moment. Most games in the market are D3D. *Shrugs about the thought of his 9800 PRO, just hissing away*

What i have learned from my gramps that makes computers professionally, amd is more ideal for gameing computers, and p4 for other purpicous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom