AMD/INTEL Processer problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alex81388 said:
Also Ive been on the 'ATI Radeon 9800 pro 128' but what the hell is this saphire mumbo jumbo?

Is it a bargain way of selling them or whats going on?

Sapphire is a manufacturer.

Different manufacturers (VGA) build their own cards the way they believe would be most efficient. The only thing these manufacturers have in common, is the GPU (ex.: ATi R350/R360/R420, etc.).

Nubius said:

- Agex

To let you know, when I said 'get a gig KIT' a kit means 2x512mb incase you weren't aware :D

EDIT: That was to the thread owner not agex lol...but agex knows this!

I know :p

I was viewing the first page when I responded, so I didn't have a chance to see the last replies.

Although just like intel and AMD, I've never tried the nVidia series with the GForces. But ATI has held their footing very nicely

I bet Agex just loves it when I say this....but if you're going previous generation cards.....then ATI outperforms nvidia, but the with the 6800's and the soon to be 6600's both of those outperform ATI by far.....now I might as well just quote this before he responds but my 'Telekenetic powers' tell me agex will reply with

Get ATI for image quality, get Nvidia for performance

but that mainly regards the new cards, 6800 and whatnot. So if you're gonna get like the 9800 type card then yeah stick with ATI and don't get Nvidia equivelant....if you wait until the end of the year the 6600 will come out which will be $199 I believe and will have 128mb of DDR3 memory and should still kill all previous generation cards....its the mainstream model of the 6800 basically for us poor folk

Yeah I got it don't worry - I'm not an idiot with computers.

Have certifications myself, but I've always been around Intels and ATIs.

And this 64 bit thing is like a fantasy.

And yeah I found the exact thing i would look for memory-wise based on the 'gig-kit' you guys suggested. Surprisingly, newegg has close to best price, since they sell in two pack and I know they're reliable, I figure I'll go with them ( http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=20-145-450&depa=1 ).

I was thinking of adding double WD SATA 10k raptors mirroring eachother as well. The only decision is if I'll need more than 36gig...because thats costly as well.

Anyways, still any input on the video cards would be great!

(You guys are great)

EDIT:: Written while unaware of post above.

Yeah that nvidia 6800 looks REALLY nice!

Problem is its an expensive peice.

Well see what happens.

THANKS FOR EVERYONE'S HELP!

The R520 is going to be the greatest video card
What's this card all about? I've heard it mentioned a couple times, but have read nothing about it. Have any articles or anything on it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom