AMD/INTEL comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.

KyleHerring

Solid State Member
I'm not looking to start anything ...

Shopping for a new PC but have never had anything other than Intel CPU. I don't know what intel family compares to what AMD family, e.g. their naming/numbering system means nothing to me.

For example, I have no idea what AMD CPU competes against an Intel P4-3.4

Can anyone point me someplace for some simple chart?

look at the stick at the top of this forum.

intel=video edditing
amd = gaming

intels are abit more expensive for the performance. matter of personal choice.

is amd 3500 good? mostly gaming. and not too expensive, since the price gap between 3500-3800 is pretty big.

3500 will be sick!
I say every computer u buy u should swap around..
my next computer will most likely have an AMD and an ATI opposed to my current prescott and geforce

amd is probly the best in ur situation aswell... if u were looking at a pentium 3.4 ( i have a 3.2 ) it will be prescott which run rather hot and the last thin u want is overheating(games locking up) so if u have a hot house and stock then u dont have much chance of overclocking past 3.6, mines at 3.8 but thats just me...

haha i have prescott and ATi so i guess it'll be amd and geforce, which is how i laid it out a week ago anyways...

everyone seems to be OCing P4's i almost never hear of OC AMD's but then again AMD's tend to run a bit hot, and obviously definetly, for sure NO stock for me, maybe a mini A/C might do.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom