AMD headsynk pads...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CntdwnToExtn

Fully Optimized
how long do they usualy last runnin' every day???

i dunno...i've just used the pad since sept of last year and it's been cooling great.....
but i've seen an increase of 2 degrees....32C to 34C under internet usage......
though it might be my side intake fan dieing...it's still hummin' along though, but sound different...

well they dont really have a lifespan per se.....couldn't hurt to replace it with good thermal compound I suppose though

Nubius said:
well they dont really have a lifespan per se.....couldn't hurt to replace it with good thermal compound I suppose though

Ditto. If you've taken your CPU HS off, you should always apply a new layer of thermal compound.

I always pull off the pad. Just use a flathead screwdriver and get it right off of there. Then apply small amount of AS5, you'll be golden.

Don't use a screwdriver, good god. You don't want to scratch the base of your heatsink. Use 99% isopropyl alcohol and a credit card edge, something soft and plastic so you don't cause damage

Meh, either or. Your gonna use heat sink compound afterward, and that will fill in any grooves that you make with the screwdriver. But, yeah, go with Nubius. After all, he knows everything.

I just know how to keep your components safe....if it 'didnt matter cause it'll fill the grooves anyway' then why would people bother lapping heatsinks?

It's meant for filling in microscopic channels not an inch deep screw driver gouge

well....i'm definetally around tools enough that i could use one to take it off...but...i'm also around computers enough to know to use the right stuff......plus.....i paid for it...so i'm going to treat it right lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom