AMD FX-60 and 5000+ CPUs coming soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to get a job for this core. I've been working out how long it will take for me to be able to afford one of these, but it will be expensive, as I would get 2gb's of DDR2 memory, a new motherboard - I only got my new one a couple of weeks ago and a new CPU.

The 4800 windsor caught my eye - hopefully it will be around a 4200 mark.

i would get a new: CPU, Mobo, Ram, GPU, HDD, Case. My current monitor is fine as well as my optical drives. My Case is a crappy generic but my PSU is a good Thermaltake 420 watt.

New news article about this...

Mobo makers review launch of AMD Socket-M2 processors

Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) plans to launch a series of 940-pin Socket M2 CPUs – a dual-core processor codenamed Windsor and the single-core Orleans and Manila processors – in the second quarter of 2006, according to unspecified motherboard makers that have reviewed the chip vendor’s latest roadmap. As a result, AMD’s Socket-939 processors are expected to be phased out one year after the release of the Socket-M2 CPUs, indicated the makers...

AMD has started sampling its Socket-M2 CPUs with its customers, said the makers, adding that the actual release will not kick off until the second quarter of next year, a little later than expected....

With the upcoming release of AMDÂ’s new Socket-M2 CPUs, Socket-939 CPUs are expected to be phased out by the chipmaker in the second quarter of 2007, according to the motherboard makers.

In related news, Nvidia is scheduled to introduce new chipsets to support AMDÂ’s next-generation platform, the C51XE and MCP55, sources at motherboard makers hinted.
http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20051108A7039.html

Wahoo! New chipsets from nVidia and everything!

WooHoo!

So you are being serious that they are relising a pentium 3.1 sort of thing? lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom