AMD FX-60 and 5000+ CPUs coming soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trotter

Grandfather of Techist, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
An article on The Adrenaline Vault:
Today AMD officially dropped the prices on most of their processor line but AVault was able to get a hold of an internal document that shows the pricing for 1Q 06. The big surprise is that AMD also has listed the FX-60 and 5000+ processors.

At this time I am not sure why AMD has skipped over FX-59 but I have an idea. At the ECS Editors day event a few short months ago I asked an AMD represenitive is the next FX processor would be a dual core solution and was told that it would not be. Now it is looking like AMD may have changed their mind on the FX-59 and turned it into a dual core called FX-60.

If you look at the dual core Opteron processors that are available today you see the naming scheme goes by fives, 260, 265, 260, ect. For AMD to release a dual core FX chip it would make sense to bring it out in increments of five and FX-64 just does not have the same ring to it as FX-65. I can only assume that if FX-60 is not dual core then FX-65 will be.

For the 5000+, it is almost guaranteed to be a 2.6 GHz product. Those luck few I know running 4800+ processors are all reporting overclocks above 2.6 and doing it on the stock coolers with minimal effort.
http://www.avault.com/news/displaynews.asp?story=10242005-5234

Unfortunately, the link to the AMD page was removed at the request of AMD.

Ah yes, a look at the next line AMDs. To me, the bleeding-edge CPUs, etc dont mean too much, its the fact that upon their release, it forces the now middle-line equipment down in price:D

I'm more interested in seeing what next generation HTT speed/memory bandwidth is gonna look it

These sound like additions to the current AMD64 architecture, I wanna see their next revisions...I think quad cores are expected for 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom