• S. America

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Somewhere else

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm with Nubius on this one.

It's new tech, so even if they cost $300 to put out, they're gonna be $900 on the shelf. This is so all the crazy morons who MUST HAVE the latest technology the instant it comes out, will throw wads of their money at AMD.

Which of course is not only good for AMD, but signifies a massive amount of stupidity in all those who buy.

1. No new tech works completely right when it comes out. It's good practice to just wait a bit (month, two, maybe three) before socking into a whole new technology.

2. A lot of brand-new tech, isn't even fully supported yet. So yer just pyssing away money...for nothing. Smart.

3. There'll be a whole load of half-watts in here the week after release, bytching about how nothing works and it's all MS's fault...purely because they didn't read the fking manual or specs before they threw their wad of cash at it. The number of people buying new tech when it first comes out, who actually understand it and know what it does, is like 2%. You morons really need to get a life. :mad:

And besides, the only thing new about this is that the cores are on the same punch as each other. Other than that, the technology is nothing new. MPPU's have been doing essentially the same thing for over 10 years. Yes this will be cheaper, yes there will be a speed boost, yes it will be neat...but patience and intelligence is always good.

Now, I know I want to be one of the first to get my hands on a Toledo core, I've put off my purchases for 3 months already, and I expect to hold them off for at least another 3 months. I don't expect to rush out right away and buy one, I'll read the reviews, assess the price, and it give a decent couple of weeks of "burn-in" time before I make my move.

However, if the Turions are availible by then, especially for socket 939, or if mobile AThlon 64s have moved to socket 939 (which I truly hope the will) I may just ditch the Toledo and get one of these overclocking beasts.

I'll see how the market plays out over the next few months, I don't plan on buying until June at the earliest so I have loads of time.

On a plus note though, I was able to use money for other stuff, I bought a new Centrino Laptop which rules, and I've now accumulated enough money to invest in water cooling. Yay!

ShoobieRat said:
3. There'll be a whole load of half-watts in here the week after release, bytching about how nothing works and it's all MS's fault...purely because they didn't read the fking manual or specs before they threw their wad of cash at it. The number of people buying new tech when it first comes out, who actually understand it and know what it does, is like 2%. You morons really need to get a life. :mad:

heh, i like that one for sure. it's so true too hahaha

Don't bother, you could easily buy a 3200+ or 3500+, possibly even a 3000+, and overclock them to match or surpass the 3800+.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom