AMD Dual Core INFO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sport1031

Daemon Poster
Article at AnandTech gives prices and what processors are due out. Check it out!

table5.png

4800+? Gimme!

I enjoy that the 4200+ is almost in a reasonable price range.

Will this do anything to single cores any time soon, or are they going to be just as expensive?

single cores will be around for about another year, then they are going the way of the dinosaur,not all at once, some singles will be available from other makers but AMD is going to multicore only as soon as they can do it

Not much initially, prices are dropping slowly now, the sempron for example has been coming down in price by about $5 per week lately, they will bottom out pretty soon, and probably stay roughly the same in price at that point until the production runs on singlecores ends, then they should drop in price by quite a bit.With the amount of computing power the current high end single cores have though I wouldnt look for them to ever get real real cheap to begin with even after they are no longer made.I'd look for intel single cores to drop in price alot more depending on how intel phases out their production,although intel hasnt been known to be all that tough to compete with in the bang for the $$ area like AMD has,so they may keep prices high by phasing out single cores slowly while AMD will likely just quit making them all at once.

OTOH I think we are going to see serious price drops in other things, memory is getting ridiculously cheap these days, LCD's are going to get that way soon too.

AMD said that they are keeping the FX series as a single core, but all other 64s will be switched to duals, eventually.

The FX-55 is still the fastest CPU that AMD makes, and that is from their own releases.

This doesnt mean that the 64s are suddenly obsolete though. The current line of 64s (3000+, 3200, 3400, 3500, 3800, and 4000) are still very powerful. Hell, the 3200 beats out the pentium 4 3.8ghz in some tests.

yea, and thats why i wouldnt even mind a freakin 754 64 chip. cause those are the cheapest right now. I wouldnt mind getting my hands on another fx-53 though (druels)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom