AMD ATI Catalyst 10.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
AMD ATI Catalyst 10.1

AMD just released ATI Catalyst 10.1 drivers for Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Linux. These drivers give you a performance boost in L4D2 and Crysis as well as fix a host of issues including YouTube video problems, CCC center issues and 120 Hz is no longer missing from display modes on some LCDs. Read the release notes for more details.

This doesn't support the HD 5670? So what do I do now? When I go to AMD's site and try to get 5670 drivers, it points to the new driver which does not seem to be working for me.

This is wonderful. The old hotfix also doesn't seem to be anywhere on the internet either.

Anyone have any ideas?

I'm surprised that I still get support for my HD 3850 which is now 2 generations.

Thanks for the link up

I just downloaded the new 10.1 update but I seem to have lost performance in games like Crysis. I uninstalled all the ati stuff and drivers before updating, but the card (5870) doesn't seem to perform nearly as well as it did. When I looked at the Windows Experience Index, I noticed that my graphics ratings went down significantly, so obviously something is not working properly. I have now tried several times to fully uninstall the drivers and software, and then install the latest from the amd website, but still the same performance drop. Anything I am missing?

Edit: I went and uninstalled all the ati software and drivers, and put back the old stuff (9.12) and the Windows Experience Index seems to have gone back up to what it was. I will run some games and see if actual performance is back to what it was in a little bit.

Yea, I have been very annoyed with these ati drivers lately. Luckily, the 9.12 setup seems to be working perfectly in all my games. I don't have any real issues with them now, so I see no point in updating them anytime soon.

Yeah, with ATI once I get a good setup going I usually don't bother updating my software unless there is a really good reason.

I would at least like to get "official/ stable" drivers for my hd 5670 though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom