AMD Athlon 64 (Socket754) Colling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Beret

Baseband Member
Hey guys, do u guys know what would be a good cooling solution for an AMD Athlon 64 3000, within the price range of about 35 american dollars, or 45 Canadian dollars? I heard that the ThermalTake Venus 12 (not sure about the actual name) is real good, just like the Volcano 12 for the Socket A, but what about the silentBoost it's cheeper, but is it good for a little overclocking? What are other heatsinks for that price range u guys recommend? Lastly, I was always wondering, if I have a full-tower right now, why do people always say put the rear case fans on exhaust? Aren't they closer to the proccessor and the video card to blow air TO them not OUT? The front case fans are much further to the processor than the rear fans, so that's why I'm asking...Well, any help would be appreciated. Thanks. ;)

I would recommend the TR2 M6 (designed by Thermaltake). I have been quite pleased with the performance.

It has been proven to be most effective when having the exhaust fans on the back of the case because it is the closest location to the components and devices that generate the most heat.

It will also help in preventing the warm air from being recycled.

I need to just create a duct between the CPU and rear exhaust fans, ya know I opened up my friends old ass Dell computer, because their HD is fried, and their processor has a heatsink on it, and this big green plastic duct that connects to the rear fan and that's all they got as far as cooling, but it's an old 1.3GHz dell machine so it's not like it's getting overheated.

cool, so should I reverse the rear side fans to exhaust, and front to intake? The TR2-M6's specs look good, but why is it that much cheeper? Any toerh sugesstions for heatsinks and fans? BTW...is the silent tower any good? It looks real good, and it's good these pipe things..I guess they carry out heat much better right? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom